No Snacking Challenge Day 2

So it's my second day of no snacking and if it's going to be like yesterday, then it won't be as difficult as first perceived. I don't however, think that it will be like yesterday, and as I mentioned then, I think it will start to become a lot harder as the week progresses.

I was going to wait until the end of the day to write this, but I thought that I wouldn't be able to keep track of how I'm feeling at the different points of the day, so I've decided to update regularly throughout the day, and then publish the blog post at the end of the day.

07:46 - I haven't had breakfast yet and am not particularly hungry. I could put it off I suppose, but I want to kick-start my metabolism and get going with the day.
After yesterday, I feel quite happy with myself, even though only one day has been completed as of yet. :)


08:12 - I've now had breakfast and I'm not feeling the need to eat again until lunch. However, I've got a music lesson at 09:15 and it takes me 1/2 hour to walk there. After the walk back as-well, I could see my appetite start to develop.

10:19 - I've returned from my music lesson, only had to walk 5 minutes on the way back as my neighbours kindly stopped by and gave me a lift. Still, I'm starting to feel a bit more hungry.
I'm now going to take my dog for a walk. I normally feel hungry after walking with the dog, probably from burning off some energy.

12:11 - Returned from the dog walk after being a bit longer than I expected. I ran into (not literally) a person I know, who also happens to have my dog's sibling. We talked and they ran, but the sunlight is quite energy sapping - it's surprising.
I'm going to get my lunch now. I feel pleased that I didn't bring it forward like yesterday.

13:22 - Had lunch and am pretty confidant that I'll be able to hang on until dinner. I'm not going to be too optimistic though, I know after two or three hours I'll probably be hungry and will be finding it a bit tougher not to snack.

14:31 - Food's not on my mind at all. I'm continuing to drink lots of water and staying productive.

16:41 - Now that a couple more hours have passed, I'm starting to feel hungry again. It's interesting, because I can remember watching a program about obesity and how it's on the rise. One thing that was said was that, it's become a modern idea that it's never okay to feel hungry, when actually it's perfectly natural. This is where constant snacking has crept in. We are bombarded with food advertisements all over the place as well that goes against the idea of ever being hungry.

17:15 - Only 33 minutes has passed since my last update, and I'm really finding it more difficult not to snack. A thing I've been telling myself recently (prior to this challenge) was that: "it's okay, as I have a fast metabolism"., But I know if I continue to snack that won't be the case, and I will end up putting on weight quickly.
I think that I can wait until dinner, only another hour to two hours.

18:00 - It's strange. Only 45 minutes ago was I having a hard time not snacking, now 45 minutes into the future, I don't seem to be having the same problem. I don't know why, maybe it's because I've accepted the fact that I'm not going to let myself eat again until dinner? Whatever the reason, I'm happy.

19:17 - Finished dinner and am now satisfied. I'm not completely full, but am not hungry any more. Now that the nights are getting lighter, I take my dog for a longer walk in the evening. 
Normally, as I mentioned earlier, walking or any physical exercise burns energy and so will cause you to become hungry.
So after getting back from the walk and still being up for a few more hours, I'll probably be in a snacking mood.

20:35 - Arrived back from the walk and am not currently hungry. I could eat something and enjoy it, but as far as being hungry - not really. Writing these updates though does cause me to think about food a bit more, but I think that instead of tempting me to go and snack, it's actually helping me not to.

21:09 - My mum has been food shopping and has brought back lots of tasty things. Unfortunately for me, I have to be in close proximity to them and resist them.
I did come extremely close to losing it. I was unpacking some bags when I came across some biscuits.So I went and emptied them into the biscuit tin, and while trying to make sure that I could still fit the lid on it, I found myself holding a biscuit in my hand almost naturally, like it was the normal thing to do. It was very hard not to just eat it. I didn't eat it.

Since that little incident my stomach has been pestering me to go downstairs and have a small snack. I know that if I did do that, then not only would I have failed this challenge, but I would probably eat more than just a small snack.

22:52 - Looking back at today, although it's had it's hard moments, it's still going well and I think it is a manageable task. Now all I have to do is keep it up and slowly adjust to it.
Right now however, I'm quite tired, so I'll call it a day. :)
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 Smart Blogging is proudly powered by blogger.com